San Diego, California, is home to many car enthusiasts. Just about anywhere you go you’ll see varieties of cars with different modifications around the big city. Different shapes, sizes, colors, and effects are added to these cars to improve their looks and value. For the average car owner, though, the most important, most valuable upgrade is almost always the sound system.
Upgrading your car audio system both makes your commute more bearable and increases your car’s resale value whether you install a brand new sound system all by yourself or you hire experienced professionals to do it.
Lucky for you, one of the best car audio & stereo installation services are in San Diego, CA.
Benefits of Upgrading Your Audio System
Upgrading your car’s audio system comes with a load of benefits. Here are a few examples:
Better Audio Quality
This one is pretty obvious since this is the purpose of every sound system. Upgrading your car stereo makes for a better commute.
Better Audio Controls
Most stock sound systems don’t let you change the bass, treble, depth, and so on. With an upgraded audio system, you can easily control and modify your audio settings, depending on your preferences and your music.
Additional Communication Function on Mobile Phones
Modern sound systems often come with a Bluetooth function that enables you to connect your smartphone with them. Apart from playing music easier, this feature is also useful when it comes to phone calls. An upgraded audio system comes with a built-in high-quality microphone so you can make and answer calls safely without picking up your phone.
Increased Resale Value
Modifying and upgrading your car’s audio system will give it an edge compared to other similar vehicles. This means it will be more competitive and earn a higher price if you decide to sell.
Let us say that you finally selected and bought the perfect audio upgrades for your car. All that is left to do is to install it and enjoy your music.
If you want to do the task yourself, then you need to follow specific steps:
- Remove the External Cover – Before you get to see the stereo itself, there is a plastic cover or trim that protects it. To remove and change the other hardware, you need to remove this cover first.
- Remove the Main Unit or Stereo – The stereo usually has four bolts that are holding it. You must remove those and gently pull the stereo out. After this, gently remove the wiring harness and antenna from the stereo.
- Attach the Dash Kit and Stereo Harness Adapter – If your car is an old model, these two items are essential in the upgrading process. You should purchase a Dash Kit that aligns with your vehicle’s design. The Stereo Harness Adapter is for wiring up the new stereo with your vehicle’s components.
- Wire the Adapter to the New Stereo – To connect the new stereo in your car, you have to attach each wire to their corresponding colors in the stereo’s harness. Make sure that the cables are correctly connected and secured by zip ties.
- Connect the New Stereo – After you finish all the connections, it is time to plug in the stereo and the antenna. Make sure to check if it is okay and working thoroughly before you put everything else back together.
- Reassemble Everything – after plugging everything in, attach all the covers again to make sure that your new stereo is secure and protected from harm.
Although installing your audio upgrades personally can be fun, your hardware is prone to damage if you get it wrong, and getting it right takes time if you’re not used to doing it.
Professional Car Stereo Installation Services from JC Power Audio
JC Power Audio Shop is one of the leading car modification services in the San Diego area. With an exceptional team of professional salespeople and installers, they aim to provide the best equipment and service possible. Equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and technology, JC Power Audio can supply and install some of the best stereo equipment on the market.
Whether you want to pick up a new stereo and install it yourself or you want a new kit installed professionally, check out JC Power Audio today. You can visit our website at JCPowerAudio.com, or call (619) 582-4855.